Sailor Moon Wishlist

23rd January 2010 at 7:45 am

Dear Chibi,
There has been some Sailor Moon goodies I’ve been thinking of getting lately… but I’m still unsure because they’re kinda pricey ^^;

Sailor Moon 20th Anniversary DVD Box Sets

First of all, for Sailor Moon’s 20th Anniversary, new special limited edition DVD box sets are being released. For a moonie fan who doesn’t own any of the DVDs  (shame) it sounds quite tempting to have. However, they only come in Japanese audio without any subtitles. Although I’ve watched Sailor Moon mmmmaaaaannny times, and I would probably know what they’re saying- it just doesn’t feel quite right. What if I wanted someone to watch it with me..? XD hmmm?

Sailormoon 20th Anniversary

There’s 10 Box Sets in total, 2 for each season and if one is going to cost over $100, it’ll cost me a total of over $1000 to complete the set! @_@ I’m thinking of maybe only getting the 3rd or 5th Season box sets since they’re my favourite. But it won’t be complete >__< See my dilemma? I have time to think about the 3rd and 5th season DVDs since they’re not out yet. However, the first 2 box sets are already out… if they get sold out I’ll miss out completely. booo.

Sailor Moon Cel- Teenage Chibiusa

Next comes a Sailor Moon cel that has recently popped up for sale- Teenage Chibiusa from Episode 158:

Teenage Chibiusa Cel

Cel info:  Sequence #A8
# Unstuck pencil sketch
# Non-matching background included
# Cel is stuck to the background

I found this on Luna-Art, where I purchased my previous 2 Sailor Moon cels. It will cost me roughly $150 AUD which doesn’t sound too bad I suppose… I’m just wondering if I love it enough to get it. I don’t intend to be a cel collector as I was quite happy buying my first 2. I’ve been subscribed to their mailing list, and checked out the sales the minute the email popped up (it was during work!) These cels go within minutes, so I quickly bagged it before I even thought about it thoroughly- there’s no time to think! So yes, I have it on hold for me for a few days while waiting for my payment. My real dilemma comes from the fact when I get it, it would probably never see the light of day. I wanted to frame the cels, but after a bit of research, it seems like that’s a bad move.. But if no one can see them, is there much purpose in owning it? My other two cels are wrapped up and hidden under my bed at the moment o_o I do really love them, but seeing as I can’t see them, it can feel like I don’t have them at times…

Sailor Cosmos Statue/Figure

Finally..the lovely Cycyn reminded me about that rare Sailor Cosmos statue! I’ve seen it months ago when they were still building the figure and was left completely in awe. Sailor Cosmos has never been made into a figure before- and unless you’re a Sailor Moon fan, you probably don’t even know who she is XD

Sailor Comos Statue

Back then, I didn’t think about getting it because it was labeled “Pre-painted”. I thought pre-painted meant it wasn’t painted, lol… so yeah, I thought there wasn’t any point getting something that has no colour. Now that it is available for pre-order, it seems it is painted! I was very excited about that and decided to check out the price. The pre-order price is $142.49 USD, which I thought was okay since a cel would cost about that much…except I forgot it’s in USDDDDD. Including shipping it adds up to about $200 AUD (and this is when Aussie dollar is relatively high)! I know figures can get really expensive but it really makes me think twice. I DUNNNNNO.

Sailor Comos Statue

So yeah, there you have it… my Sailor Moon Wishlist which I’m not sure if I’ll ever end up buying. The Sailor Moon cel is probably the closest one I’ll have in getting. Is there some logic I have missed and that would enlighten me..? Please do tell before I cry with regret XD

It’s all about demand and supply. Oh Eco, how much I love you.. ;_;

24 Responses to “Sailor Moon Wishlist”

1. Lucky Chance says:

Choose Sailor Cosmos Statue! ^__^
    I think you won’t regret it later because in general DVD quality change (to Blue-Ray >>> so there is a probability you will have an other occasion to buy DVD box) and I’m not convinced by the Sailor Moon Cel.

And Sailor Cosmos Statue is very pretty.

2. Brad says:

Wow. We kind of have the same lists! I really want that Cosmos figure too!!! The DVD boxes will be in print until 2012 so don’t stress too much.

• Chibi says:

Thanks for that Brad! Now I can feel a bit more relaxed about the DVDs until a later date.. phew. (Looking forward to your reviews!!)

3. katherine says:

I would get the cell–but only if you’re a diehard chibimoon fan like me. That is a gorgeous Chibimoon cell, no two ways about it.

• Chibi says:

Thanks for your sharing your thoughts :) In the end, I’ve decided to go for the Cosmos statue, and to take the Chibiusa cel off hold.. So quick and grab at Luna-Art if you’re interested :3

4. Mireya says:

I say definitely get the Cosmos figure, you can display it, it’s absolutely gorgeous, and unlike the DVD’s or cel which you can’t really fully enjoy one for display purposes and the other because of a language barrier Cosmos seems to be the perfect option :D

5. Ochibawolf says:

Hi! First off, I have the Sailor Moon R2 bosets so far and the Sailor Cosmos figure(check out my linked blog for more photos!)

Anyways you have some hard choices if you are to pick one and not the other. I know they are pricey but the thing all these items have in common is this: They are all LIMITED releases. Meaning they are never going to be produced again once they are gone…

So if you can see yourself down the line and you know you missed out, and if you regret it, get them.

The boxsets are beautiful! If you are a die hard sailor moon fan then you cannot miss these, as this may be the last time they are released on DVD in Japan.

As for the cosmos figure, take it from a person who missed out on their other SM figures. They are sold out and not producing anymore right now. I think it will end in a matter of months. The boxsets will continue to be in print until next year, but this cosmos figure could be gone in a month, or two.

So if you have to pick now, and one, get the cosmos figure. ^^ You still have more chances on the DVDs later on….

6. Jacky says:

Wow, definitely get the sailor cosmos, it looks awesome…the other 2 will just be locked alway somewhere although they are rare. but the statue is rare too and will make ur room look so mad. So yeah i suggest the statue =)

7. paperbot says:

SAILOR COSMOOOOSSSSSS. ;3;

Yeah that is what I would choose. Then teenage Chibiusa cel, then DVDs last.

8. ainominap says:

I would get Cosmos first since they are only making a limited run of them. You can still buy the kit after that…but the paint job is beautiful.

I see your dilemma. As a cel collector, dvd collector and cosmos owner…I say wait on the dvds. They’ll be offered until 2012 at least. Cosmos won’t last that long. I wish I had gotten the other prepainted statues they made. They are expensive but are really beautiful and worth the price. And the cel seems to be out of the picture unless you are the one that put it on hold. :)

• Chibi says:

Thanks for your input! :) Very useful! I’m gonna pre-order Cosmos right now!

And yea..I actually had the cel on hold~ But I just emailed Lisa to take it off hold (quick! If anyone else is keen on it, go grab! XD)

9. Kaz says:

Get your friends to chip in for your early Birthday present! =D

p.s statue looks awesome!!

10. feedthe1337 says:

Hm, who is Sailor Cosmos? I didn’t know I was such a noob!

As for the DVDs, if you say you’ve seen the series many times, I reckon it won’t hurt to get it even if it doesn’t have subtitles. The thing is, would you really watch it all again? That takes a very long time XD. I would just get it to be supportive and stuff. Last year, I bought Sola on DVD and watched it all without subtitles, even though I can’t say I’m that good at Japanese. It’s nice to watch stuff without having to stare at the bottom of the screen :).

• Chibi says:

Don’t worry, she only appears in the final act of the manga so maybe you just forgot XD

Copied from Wikipedia:

Sailor Cosmos (セーラー・コスモス, SÄ“rā Kosumosu?) reveals herself in the final Act of the manga. She comes from a future which has been all but decimated by the battle with Sailor Chaos; after ages of fighting, she despairs and flees to the past as the infant Chibichibi, to encourage Eternal Sailor Moon to defeat Chaos in the final battle of the series. At first, she wants Sailor Moon to destroy the Galaxy Cauldron altogether, ensuring Chaos’ destruction, but Sailor Moon protests, realizing that if the Cauldron is destroyed no more stars will be born, leaving the Galaxy without a future. She chooses to sacrifice herself to the Cauldron and seal Chaos away, which Cosmos finally realizes to have been the right decision. Reminded of the strength and courage she herself needs to have, she returns to the future with new hope.

The manga implies that Sailor Cosmos is the ultimate form of Sailor Moon; this fact is confirmed in a magazine interview with Naoko Takeuchi.[26] None of Sailor Cosmos’ powers are directly shown. Nevertheless, it is implied in the final chapter of the manga that the ability to utilize all the galaxy’s Sailor Crystals together to form the Cosmos Crystal, also called Lambda Power, is a defining characteristic of being Sailor Cosmos.

Sailor Cosmos never makes an appearance in the anime series, although the silhouette of Chibichibi’s adult form (the “Light of Hope”) bears a strong resemblance to her. Naoko Takeuchi commented that she wished Sailor Cosmos had been in the anime.

And you make a good point about supporting the series :) I’m gonna really think about the DVDs (probably when they’re all released but before they’re out of print) to see if I’ll really get them :)

11. Cyndi says:

help! i own all 5 seasons of s.m. but i have no clue who sailor cosmo is!!!!!!!! HELPPPPP. email me back please

• Chibi says:

5 Seasons? Didn’t you know Sailor Moon has 6 seasons? :O Sailor Cosmos is the strongest!
      Only kidding. She is only exclusive to the Sailor Moon manga so don’t stress =)

12. kayle says:

i love sailor moon but i dont know where to get the set does anybody know plz if you do then send me a message at serenamaebentley@yahoo.com